July 21, 2012

fast as you can

Earlier this week I saw Fiona Apple live and I can't even put into words how fucking amazing it was. I cried...twice. Whatever...it was that time of month, okaaay? 

'When The Pawn' was and still is my life. I've lost count how many times I've gone to that record when I was depressed, angry, confused...I always felt she got me. I listen to her records and I feel a little less insane and less alone. 



"You feed the beast I have within me
You wave the red flag, baby you make it run run run
Standing on the sidelines, waving and grinning
You fondle my trigger, then you blame my gun"


"Sometimes my mind don't shake and shift
But most of the time, it does
And I get to the place where I'm begging for a lift
Or I'll drown in the wonders and the was"



"This mind, this body
And this voice cannot be
Stifled by your deviant ways
So don't forget what I told you
Don't come around
I got my own hell to raise"



No comments:

page views

Free Counter