December 14, 2012

we tell ourselves stories in order to live

Recently, I just finished the David Foster Wallace biography 'Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story', and let me tell you, I couldn't put it down. It's written beautifully and stays with you well after you have finished reading it. I was slightly alarmed how much identified with a lot of DFW's problems. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of David Foster Wallace or even if you haven't read his work before, it's still a brilliant read on the human psyche. 

Now, I am re-reading 'Play It As It Lays' by Joan Didion. I forgot how AMAZING this book is and I am falling in love Didion all over again. 
So between DFW and Joan Didion, I am have a lot of re-reading and general reading to do. Thanks to having no life outside of work, work and more work. My spare time has been spent reading. 

The more I've been reading as a form of relaxation, the more I've been contemplating going back to LA to relax. I know staying at the Chateau Marmont is incredibly pretentious and/or shows signs that you are having a nervous breakdown or coming out of rehab but every since I spent an evening there with my mates for my birthday last year, the more I've been wanting to go back and proper stay there for a few days after the holidays, maybe do some writing, get inspired again...goodness, just escape for a little bit. Escape people, my racing mind, etc. 

Come summer 2013, I still want to do my epic road trip down the west coast and write and photograph my little heart out. 

A dreamer can dream can't she? 


No comments:

page views

Free Counter