January 31, 2012

given to the wild, given to the wilder ways


I am absolutely horrible at reviewing things (music/books/films/etc). I can never properly articulate what is in my head into words as eloquently as I would like to. 

Anyways, this really isn't a review...it's mainly a post about how I am massively obsessing over the new Maccabees album. To simply put it, it's AMAZING. 'Given to the Wild' is the type of album you listen to on your bedroom floor, with your headphones on and your eyes closed...giving it your full attention. Equal measures melancholic and saccharine, it's a great album to listen to on a afternoon rainy day with a cup of tea (cliche, I know...but sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon to me).

My favorite tracks at the moment...

Forever I've Known
"i want to see you...it's not good enough to have you here in my head"



Slowly One
"every little loving word said out of love, growing cold..."
I could seriously listen to this song on repeat for hours.



Glimmer
"just a glimmer, from the way beyond...but you're lost today"



this is just too good.


No comments:

page views

Free Counter